COMPANY HISTORY AND MILESTONES

Longevity, Stability, Reliability, Flexibility and Service


As part of the European-based CODAN Group of Companies, CODAN has been an industry leading manufacturer of IV drug delivery systems to healthcare institutions around the world for more than 50 years.

Our customers and business partners enjoy the benefits of working with a well-established, worldwide corporation with excellent records of success on five continents.

 

 

Decades of Excellence

 

2017

CODAN USA in Tijuana expands Mexico operation into own CODAN building mainly for assembly work.

2011

CODAN USA acquires the Walrus product line of specialty anesthesia sets and blood sets and names it Walrus® by CODAN®

2009

CODAN celebrates 50 years in business.

2007

CODAN USA opens an assembly operation in Tijuana, Mexico, through a maquiladora partner.

2006

CODAN USA acquires a specialty distributor, names it CODAN Inc., and establishes it as a separate sales organization for CODAN Label Products.

CODAN purchases PVB Medical in Germany.

2001

CODAN acquires Argus Medical, a pump manufacturing plant, in Switzerland.

1999

Company purchases PEC Medical in Italy.

1997

CODAN USA moves to new, more spacious facilities in Santa Ana, California.

1996

Company acquires a production plant for disposable syringes in Denmark. 

CODAN establishes sales office in The Netherlands.

1992

CODAN Switzerland is founded.

1987

New manufacturing building opens in Portugal.

CODAN forms sales office in France. Company acquires a needle production facility in Denmark.

1986

CODAN establishes sales organizations in Norway and Great Britain.

Company purchases a sales organization in Sweden.

1984

CODAN forms separate sales organization in Germany.

1977

New production and warehouse facilities are built in Germany with significant process upgrades.

1971

CODAN opens advanced assembly and sales organization in Burbank, California.

Company completes major building expansion and production modernization in Germany.

1966

Production facilities are established in Portugal.

1964

Company moves to current headquarters in Germany.

1962

Production, assembly lines and packaging are completed and operations begin.

1959

Company is founded by Sven Husted-Andersen in Denmark.